Latin America is well-known for its tasty seafood dishes, and this tuna fish stew is no exception. This hearty, flavorful stew is sure to become a family favorite. Our Hispanic grocery store is proud to offer the freshest, most delicious seafood. Quality meats and fresh produce make all the difference in the taste and nutrition of your food. Our customers are the most important part of our business, and we work hard to ensure that each and every one of you are satisfied with your purchase, so be sure to pick up some tuna for this recipe the next time you’re in.
The importance of a Hispanic supermarket
Grocers are beginning to see the importance of stocking Hispanic foods. New York, for instance, is home to a large number of Hispanic residents, and many of them are looking for authentic food from their homeland. However, it’s not just New Yorkers who are searching for these products—Hispanic groceries are becoming more popular all over the country as the Hispanic population continues to grow. Gala Foods is a Hispanic grocery store that has been serving our community for years and we are proud to offer the freshest, most delicious seafood, meats, and produce.
Tuna Fish Stew Recipe
Fresh meat, vegetables, and the right spices are key to making a delicious and hearty stew. This tuna fish stew recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Here’s what you’ll need for 6 servings.
- 2 lbs fresh tuna albacore
- 1 lb cassava
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- 2 tomatoes diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 8 cups of water
- 5 cilantro sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil on medium heat to make a rehash with diced onion, tomato, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Add the water and cilantro springs, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tuna and cook until the tuna is fully cooked, about 15 mins.
- Drain the tuna and keep the broth to cook the cassava.
- Separate or break the tuna into small to medium size pieces.
- Bring the tuna broth to a boil and add the cassava. Cook until tender but firm, about 20-30 minutes for fresh cassava or 30-40 minutes for frozen cassava.
- Take the cassava from the broth, remove the strings and cut it into bite-sized chunks.
- Add the cassava chunks and tuna pieces back to the broth, taste, and add salt if needed.
Serve topped with a good amount of pickled onion and tomato salsa
Gala Foods Latino Grocery Store
Gala Foods market is the best place to buy your seafood, meats, and produce. We have a wide selection of Hispanic foods that are sure to please everyone in your family. If you are looking for fruits, bakery, dairy, or any other type of food, we have what you need. Shopping should be a pleasant experience, and our friendly staff is always available to help you find what you’re looking for. Thanks for choosing Gala Foods!