Peruvian food is delicious and Causa Limeña is one of the best examples of this. Causa Limeña is a dish made of layers of Peruvian yellow potatoes, filled with chicken, mayonnaise, and lime juice. This dish is usually served cold and makes for a great summer meal. Latin America has a lot of great cuisines, we are a community that carries its heritage with pride, and Causa Limeña is one of the many examples of this. Gala Foods is a Hispanic supermarket in New York that brings all the flavors from South America directly to your kitchen. Enjoy our fresh meat, fresh produce, and all the spices you need to make your Causa Limeña right at home.
Hispanic Heritage Month
HIspanic Heritage Month is a celebration of the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America. The observation began in 1968 as Hispanic Heritage Week under President Lyndon Johnson and was expanded to a month-long celebration by President Ronald Reagan in 1988. Latin grocery stores like Gala Foods are the perfect place to stock up on ingredients to make a traditional salsa verde. Our whole foods and fresh herbs from Latin America will make your dish taste just like it came from a restaurant.
Our affordable prices will save you money, and our wide selection of products will give you the opportunity to explore new flavors and recipes. Grocery shopping has never been so easy! So this Hispanic Heritage Month, celebrate by cooking a delicious meal from your own culture. Visit our Hispanic grocery store today.
Causa Limeña recipe
Causa Limeña is a hidden gem for many of us. It’s a dish made of layers of Peruvian yellow potatoes, filled with chicken, mayonnaise, and lime juice. This dish is usually served cold and makes for a great summer meal. It can be tricky to find the right ingredients for this dish, but Gala Foods has everything you need. We carry a wide variety of Latin American from fresh fish, hot sauces, queso fresco or any baked goods., you name it we have it. Making Causa Limeña is simple and straightforward, so let’s get started!
Number of Servings: 4
- 6 yellow potatoes
- 4 piquillo peppers, blended
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 limes juice
- Salt, if desired
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ celery stick, chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 8 quail eggs, hard boiled
- 1 avocado
- 6 black olives, sliced
- Clean potatoes and put in a pan; cover with cold water. Put the pan over medium high heat. Bring water to a boil, and cook for 20 mins or until soft, but not mushy. Drain and peel the potatoes while hot, and smash or pass through a potato ricer immediately. The mashed potato should be very fine, without lumps.
- Put potatoes in a bowl, and add the blended piquillo peppers, vegetable oil, lime juice and salt. Mix well. Keep tasting and adding more of any of the above ingredients to taste. Cover with a kitchen towel, and reserve.
- Cook chicken breasts in chicken stock, salt and pepper, over medium heat until cooked through. Cool in stock, and finely chop. In a bowl, combine chicken with mayonnaise, celery, scallion, salt, and pepper.
- Lightly oil a large container. Line base with a layer of mashed potato. Cover that layer with chicken salad, and add another layer of potatoes on top.
- Keep it refrigerated to serve later and if desired serve with eggs, avocado and black olives.
Enjoy latin flavors with the best latino grocery store in New York
If you love Mexican products Gala Foods is the perfect place for you. Here you can find oaxaca cheese, sour cream, dried chiles, cilantro, avocado, and much more. All of these ingredients will give your dish an authentic Mexican flavor. This Hispanic Heritage Month, take the opportunity to try something new and explore the flavors of Latin America. Gala Foods has everything you need at the grocery section to make a delicious and traditional meal. So come on down and visit us today!
Gala Foods: your new neighborhood grocery stores
Gala Foods is your one stop shop for all things Latin American. From fresh produce to prepared foods, we have everything you need to make a delicious meal. What better way to do that than by cooking up some of our favorite recipes? This Causa Limeña is the perfect dish for those who want to enjoy Latin flavors without having to travel far. And if you’re looking for the best Latino grocery store in NY, look no further than Gala Foods! With stores located all over the place, we have everything you need to make your Hispanic Heritage Month celebration a success. So visit us now and start cooking!
- 120 North Main Street, Freeport, NY 11520
- 111 West Merrick Road, Freeport, NY 11520
- 1457 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06605
- 1050 E. Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06608
- 1925 Brentwood Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
- 725 Commack Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
- 1819 Fifth Avenue, Bayshore, NY 11706