If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty recipe to enjoy with your loved ones, look no further than Dominican Republic-style sweet cream of beans. This traditional dish is packed full of flavor and nutrients, making it the perfect meal to share with those you care about.
Ingredients that in appearance may seem a strange combination for foreigners, to Dominican gastronomy are in fact a demonstration of the ingenuity and love the native people of this country have for their culture. So much so, that year after year we can find this delicious recipe at Dominican homes.
Benefits of Sweet Cream Of Beans
Red kidney beans are a type of common bean that is native to Central and South America. The beans are named after their reddish-brown color and kidney shape.
Red kidney beans are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and iron. They are also a good source of folate, magnesium, and potassium. Fiber is important for keeping the digestive system healthy and preventing constipation. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues, muscles, and organs. Iron is necessary for carrying oxygen in the blood. Folate helps prevent birth defects, and magnesium is involved in energy production and bone health. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate.
Another ingredient that stands out in this recipe is cinnamon. Cinnamon has many health benefits for people. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants, which can help prevent cell damage and reduce inflammation. Cinnamon has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, lower blood sugar levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease. While more research is needed to confirm these effects, cinnamon is a safe and healthy spice to add to your diet.
Incredible all these benefits right? What are you waiting for to consume many more in this recipe? Try it!
- 4 cups soft-boiled red kidney beans
- 6 cups of water, from boiling the beans
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- ½ lb sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup raisins
- Put the beans (and the water in which they boiled) in a blender and purée. Strain the beans to get rid of the skins and undissolved solids. Pour the beans, coconut milk, evaporated milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, and sweet potatoes and simmer over very low heat until the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Stir regularly to avoid sticking.
- Add the raisins and simmer for another 10 mins. Remove the cinnamon sticks (and cloves, if you like). Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spread butter on the cassava bread and toast in the oven until it turns golden brown.
- Serve the beans with the cassava on the side, or put cookies in the beans when you serve.
Hispanic Supermarket Near Me
Are you looking for a place where you can find all the ingredients for this Chilean-style Stew Recipe? Gala Foods Supermarket is the place you might be looking for!
Gala Foods has a wide variety of fresh produce, high-quality meats, and your favorite pantry products for you to cook this delicious recipe and more. Delight your family and friends with all the ingredients that bring you closest to home at very reasonable prices. Visit your neighborhood Gala Foods to find the products you love and discover many more!