At Gala Foods we are all about making delicious and flavorful meals that bring families together. That´s why we look forward to offering our customers quality products like fresh meat, bakery, and fresh produce at affordable prices. Our Mexican-style Beef Enchiladas are a sure crowd-pleaser for any dinner table. You’ll feel like you’re in New Mexico when you make this delicious recipe!
South America is known for its flavorful and zesty dishes, particularly in Mexican cuisine. The combination of fresh ingredients like onions, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and melted cheese make these beef-filled enchiladas a mouthwatering treat! At Gala Foods we know that everyone loves a delicious meal that’s easy to make, get everything you need at our store to prepare the most mouthwatering enchiladas in town!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 1 (4 oz) can dice green chiles
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can of red enchilada sauce
Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, chopped red onions, diced avocado, sour cream, and/or crumbled cotija cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and green chiles, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté the mixture for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally until the beef is cooked. Add in the beans and combine. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas, set up an assembly line including tortillas, enchilada sauce, beef mixture, and cheese. Lay out a tortilla, and spread sauce over the surface of the tortilla. Add the beef mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla and place it in a greased baking dish. Assemble the remaining enchiladas. Then spread any remaining sauce evenly over the top of the enchiladas, followed by any extra cheese. Bake uncovered for 20 mins.
What do we offer at our Hispanic supermarket?
Food is a great way to bring families together, and that’s why we are proud to offer a huge selection of ethnic products at Gala Foods. We have all your favorite Hispanic brands and flavors, including spices, fruits, sauces, tortillas, beans, chiles, and much more! Your groceries will be full of delicious and traditional Latin American flavors that are sure to delight your family’s taste buds. Shop with us today and experience the true Hispanic culture in one place!
The Legacy of Latin America
Latin American cuisine is unique and diverse, with each country having its own traditional flavors. At Gala Foods we want to bring a piece of that delicious culture right into your home. Fresh foods with rich aromas, vibrant colors, and a variety of flavors will transform your kitchen into an exotic Latin American paradise! Our products bring the spirit of Latin America to every meal.
Gala Foods: Latino Grocery Store
Gala Foods is your one-stop shop for all things Hispanic! Our store offers a wide range of Latin American products that are sure to make any meal extra special. From traditional staples like fresh produce and bread to specialty items like sauces and spices, we have everything you need to give your table authentic South American flavor. We value our customers, so we only select the very best ingredients to ensure an exceptional dining experience. Visit our store today and make your kitchen a Latin American paradise!
120 North Main Street, Freeport, NY 11520
111 West Merrick Road, Freeport, NY 11520
1457 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06605
1050 E. Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06608
1925 Brentwood Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
725 Commack Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
1819 Fifth Avenue, Bayshore, NY 11706