New York is the type of place where you can find a Chinese supermarket and Mexican grocery, and at the same time, you can find hundreds of food cultures. Sweet Corn Milk Drink (Atole de Elote) is a Latin American drink that has been around since pre-Columbian times. South America characterizes by its exotic flavors, and it is not surprising that this traditional drink has been used as a popular way to warm up families during the colder days of winter or rainy days of spring. These type of foods have an emotional connection to many people due to the nostalgia it brings, and this is why we are bringing you the classic recipe for a Sweet Corn Milk Drink. Try out a simple and easy recipe to bring in the sweet flavors of south America into your home, and warm up your family.
Many people believe that international products are limited to those from Mexico, but this is not the case. There are a variety of international products available from many different countries. Mexican products have become increasingly popular in the U.S., from fresh herbs to canned goods and even snacks, they are all available in Gala Foods. This is why we recommend you make a stop at our grocery stores, you can find whole foods, queso fresco, fresh produce, hot sauces, quality meat, and much more. Visit your nearest Gala Foods Latino grocery store to find the best Latin products.
Sweet Corn Milk Drink
This traditional Latin American drink is a creamy and flavorful delight. With just a few ingredients, you can make this delicious beverage at home. A good selection of ingredients will give you as result the best Sweet Corn Milk Drink.
- 3 cans (15.25 oz each) of sweet whole-kernel corn
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cans (12 Fl Oz each) of evaporated milk
- Place one can of corn with its liquid and 1/2 cup water in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a large saucepan, pressing pulp against the mesh to release liquid. Discard solids. Repeat with remaining cans of corn and 1 cup of water.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon stick, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir occasionally.
- Bring evaporated milk and the remaining 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir milk mixture into corn mixture; remove from heat. Remove cinnamon sticks. Pour into mugs. Garnish each serving with reserved corn kernels.
Gala Foods Latino grocery store
Grocery shopping has never been easier
Gala Foods has become a top destination for all your Latin American products. Our grocery stores have everything you need to make this Sweet Corn Milk Drink at home and many other recipes! We provide quality produce, fresh herbs, canned goods, snacks, and much more from different countries in South America. Find the best sour cream, your new favorite salsa verde, or a unique seasoning for your next dish. Whether you are in east Harlem or in Williamsburg, you can find Gala Foods close to your home. Visit our website for more information and the best deals in town!
120 North Main Street, Freeport, NY 11520
111 West Merrick Road, Freeport, NY 11520
1457 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06605
1050 E. Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06608
1925 Brentwood Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
725 Commack Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
1819 Fifth Avenue, Bayshore, NY 11706