Thanksgiving dinner is a special time for many families, but it’s hard to know what to do with all of your leftovers. No need to worry, as there are plenty of delicious recipes you can make with leftover Thanksgiving ingredients! And if you need quality products to match your leftovers, our Hispanic supermarket is here to offer you the best fresh produce at affordable prices! From turkey pot pies and cranberry salsa to sweet potato soufflé and stuffing-stuffed peppers, here are some of the best recipes for using up those Thanksgiving leftovers.
A delicious way to use up leftover turkey
Fresh-made tortillas and flavorful enchilada sauce are the keys to these delicious turkey enchiladas.
- 2 cups shredded turkey
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- ½ cup grated cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded turkey and 1 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Place ½ cup of the turkey mixture in each tortilla and roll them up, placing them seam side down in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and a lime wedge if desired.
Corn husks filled with mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce
These traditional Mexican tamales are the perfect way to use up all those turkey leftovers! In Latin America, we love to put our own spin on traditional dishes, so give it a try and enjoy the amazing flavors of Thanksgiving in this unique dish.
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 2 cups stuffing mix
- ¾ cup cranberry sauce
- 12 dried corn husks
- Soak the corn husks in warm water for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, stuffing mix, and cranberry sauce until combined.
- Spread about ¼ cup of the mixture into each corn husk and roll them up like a burrito, tying the ends with kitchen twine or strips of corn husk.
- Place the tamales in a steaming basket over boiling water.
- Cover and steam for about 25 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Serve with additional cranberry sauce if desired.
Remember that if you need fresh meat o fresh foods of any kind, Gala Foods is your go-to Latino grocery store in the area. Our quality products from south America, amazing prices, and friendly staff are here to make sure you have delicious dishes all year round.
Roasted sweet potato taquitos
Crispy tortillas filled with roasted sweet potatoes and black beans
Your family will love these crispy fried taquitos filled with sweet potatoes, black beans, and spices. Serve them up with a dollop of sour cream and your favorite salsa for an amazing appetizer or side dish.
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until tender.
- In a bowl, mix together the black beans, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Place a spoonful of bean mixture in each tortilla and top with sweet potatoes. Roll them up like a burrito and secure them with toothpicks if necessary.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the taquitos for about 1 minute on each side until golden and crispy.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and lime wedges if desired.
Leftover gravy tacos
Soft tacos filled with shredded chicken or turkey, gravy, and mashed potatoes
Food can be a great way to bring the family together, and these tacos are sure to become a hit in your home. Made with simple ingredients like leftover turkey or chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a few seasonings, they’re delicious as well as easy to make.
- 2 cups shredded chicken or turkey
- 1 cup gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 12 soft taco shells
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken or turkey, gravy, and mashed potatoes until combined.
- Place about ½ cup of the mixture into each taco shell.
- Place the tacos on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and a dollop of sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
Pumpkin pie smoothie
Blend together pumpkin puree, milk, ice cream, and spices for a quick and easy breakfast or snack
We all know how good carne asada is with a side of beans and rice, but sometimes you just want something sweet to indulge in. This pumpkin pie smoothie will become your favorite treat, with the perfect balance of pumpkin puree, milk, ice cream, and spices.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a blender, combine the pumpkin puree, milk, ice cream, cinnamon, and ginger until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Gala Foods: Latino grocery store
Gala Foods is the go-to for fresh foods from South America
Gala Foods is your one-stop shop for all your Latino grocery needs. We have an amazing selection of fresh meat, produce, bakery, and ingredients with unbeatable prices and quality. Our friendly staff is always ready to help you find everything you need to make delicious meals all year round. Come check us out today!
- 120 North Main Street, Freeport, NY 11520
- 111 West Merrick Road, Freeport, NY 11520
- 1457 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06605
- 1050 E. Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06608
- 1925 Brentwood Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
- 725 Commack Road, Brentwood, NY 11717
- 1819 Fifth Avenue, Bayshore, NY 11706